Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Los Angeles

I'm in Los Angeles at the moment.

Nothing really to say about this place. It's big, spread out, smelly, dirty. Driving was pretty scary. Californian roads are pretty terrible and the drivers absolutely terrifying.

I came here mostly for Comikaze, a pop culture convention, so I could meet Eliza Frye, the girl whose artwork I keep buying and covering the house in. Turns out she was very cool and lovely, so I've now got even more of her stuff. 

I also got to meet a whole heap of the girls involved in the Womanthology project, which was pretty cool. Barbara Kesel (a writer) is amazing, very quick and witty so talking to her and listening to her speak was worth it.

The Womanthology ladies


Walking around and exploring also meant I stumbled across the red carpet for the Emmy awards, while everyone was arriving and having their photos taken. That was neat I guess. Not really my thing.

I also bought (very cheap) concert tickets for on the 25th here in Los Angeles for Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra. I'm excited to be going, but I really don't know what to do in the week in between. I'm thinking I might drive to Arizona to see the Grand Canyon, I've already been in this city too long.

Sorry I don't really have any pictures. I figure you guys aren't interested in the stupid number of comics I bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment